V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of building 104, here is what i have bought so far,07 heads 2+ cnc 80cc with manley vavles,guides,beehive springs good to .600 done by OfLarry, cylinders 4.060 honed to 4.075 with cp flat top pistons by King of cubes,HPI 55mm throttle body with 1.710 intake runners,S&S 585 cams,and once apart going to weld and plug flywheel,bore cases and do timken conversion,so what would be the best rockers arms to go with ,stock ,roller,or non-roller 1.725 high ratio,and still be reasonbally quiet,thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I know there are guys that swear you can make roller rockers quiet,in my experience with them in cars as well as HD's I have never had any that were perfectly quiet,some just make less noise than others.
If you are wanting quiet, run the stockers,if you want the guides to live a long life, go with rollers and get used to whatever noise level it produces,as far as brand? there are several to choose from, R&R,S&S,Baisley will take your stockers and correct the geometry I believe for around the same money as the factory built,quality aftermarket rockers.

Bob,this build is going to put a big ol' smile on your face.:)

·
Gearhead
1,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
think i am going to stick with the stock rockers,do i use the old ones or buy new ?put my 1.725 up for sale ,thanks Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts