V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a new safety accessory that attaches to your license plate bolts to help add more awareness to you and your bike when braking (doesn't require any wiring). What do you think? It senses when you are braking harder than an adjustable threshold and flashes its super bright LEDs to alert following drivers.

Do you wonder how well other drivers are paying attention to you on your motorcycle when you're braking? The Motorcycle Brake Flasher grabs the attention of following drivers when you brake hard to add additional safety and awareness to you.

The Motorcycle Quick Brake Flasher is completely self contained, and attaches easily to your bike's license plate. It senses when your are braking hard with a built in acceleration switch, and rapidly flashes super bright LEDs to alert following drivers that you are braking quickly! It contains two lithium coin cell batteries that last for over one year and are replaceable. It's durable and weather resistance . It doesn’t have any wires to connect up. All you have to do, is attach it to your license plate, and you're done! The super bright LEDs have a brightness of more than 40,000 mcd! They are very bright and can be seen easily over 1000 feet!

The sensitivity can be easily adjusted for your specific needs. You can easily adjust the sensitivity to make it more or less sensitive. Complete instructions are included with your order.

How it Works

See the solid red box above. It's not very good at getting your attention. So why are brake lights like this? The only time you really know someone is braking is because you see a transition of their lights from dim to bright. But as they're braking, the brake lights stay bright without any transitions. In fact if their lights were bright all the time, you wouldn't even know if they're braking or not. The part of the current brake light system that gets our attention isn't the brightness, it's the transition of the dim to bright!

Now look at the flashing red LEDs below. Don't they get your attention? The LEDs are transitioning on and off. This is what grabs your attention. For example, the LED on your office phone that flashes when you have new voice mail, its flashing gets your attention. Now what if the LED on your phone just stayed lit, no flashing, you wouldn't notice it much at all! Which is why it was designed to flash in the first place! Like the LED on your phone flashes to get your attention when there're new messages, so do the LEDs of the Quick Brake Flasher to grab the attention of following drivers when you brake hard.

Studies show that our eyes find dynamic flashing lights over static solid lights much more interesting and irresistible. The Quick Brake Flasher uses this concept to add more awareness when you are braking hard.

Installation
The Motorcycle Brake Flasher can install to just about any motorcycle. It can be installed to the top or bottom of the license plate, just as long as it doesn't cover any important information on your plate like the month and year it expires. The Motorcycle Brake Flasher comes with two metal straps and screws for attachment to your license plate.

The straps can be formed to attach to your specific license plate. The Motorcycle Brake Flasher has been sized to fit a typical license bolt spacing of 5 3/4". You can trim and form the straps to meet your specific requirements.

Your comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I already have the back-off brake light system and have been trying to find out if I can replace the stock bulb with an LED bulb. A place call Signal Dynamics has a lot of cool safety lights.

Also does any one know if any of the tail light conversions that HD has fits the V-Rod? That is the kit that switches out you yellow turn signal lenses to red and activates them along with the brake light.

I figured I'd ask here since this thread was already started. I think we need more light in the back of us. I have to say I think the back off system does seem to work haven't had anyone run over me, when I have been stopped yet. All joking aside, car folks do seem to stay back further with the taillight is flashing.

Thanks,

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have to agree with you about needing more light VA V-Rod.
I was thinking of putting that turnsignal conversion on my FLHT but I hate to sacrafice the yellow turnsignals "I"m not crazy about them but they get peoples attention.
Here's a link for replacement LED bulbs http://www.wixtools.com/html/ultraleds.html

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea thanks Wyodude ! I didn't realize right off hand what was going on 'kinda new at this computer/forum stuff.

I first thought D Price just removed the links and that Topserve was cut and pasting off some website. But now I see he was trying to use this forum as free advertisement, Not cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts