V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you have been riding for MANY years...and I'm sure your kids have ridden along with you... so My question is..... I'm looking to purchase a helmet for my 8 year old Daughter... what is best for a child...?? most comfortable..??provides the most protection ?? a half helmet... worn with goggles.. a full face...... or a helmet...with just the shield....???? thanks ...

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
.....I'd have to go with the Full Face. Take the child with you and get it fitted correctly, do not order from I'net store. Leave the Half Helmet for the teens and adult.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Don't forget the proper clothing! Would'nt want to scar that beautiful child so early in life in the event of an accident. (Plus she will look so fuckingcool to her friends!:D )

·
Registered
428 Posts
Both my daughters wear full face helmets. The youngest is a petite 9 year old, and no problem fitting her. There are selections out there, keep looking.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Good question harley girl. I have a granddaughter that hangs out with me alot during the summer and will definately want to ride with me, so I was wondering what to buy her this summer. I will keep checking back on this site, but so far a full helmet (with proper clothing) is essential.

Cheri aka Medicine Woman

·
Registered
62 Posts
Should not be a problem to find a road full face that will fit. Any bike shop that has a good selection of helmets can help you.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for yer thoughts... and opinions.... we are going thursday to pick one up... she's soooo excited... She's hooked on riding,,,

·
Registered
432 Posts
When my 7 year old son rides with me it's with a 1/2 helmet, so I can hear him. It usually sounds like this, yeeeaaaahhhhh. He also has a leather jacket and we go back roads not freeways. He hasn't been over 55, 45 if his Mom is asking. He also wears goggles and boots.
Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would go with a full face. I have a 9 year old son who loves to ride, got him the full face in a "youth" size. The only problem he has is he nods off on the longer rides. Must be to comfortable for him back there!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have the same problem 67PNSHVL has, I have two boys 6 and 8 and my oldest has a tendency to nod off if we go to long. But I got them a full face and they wear good clothing and boots, can't be too safe with them.

Dave

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks every one...we went to Hunt's Cycle Shack.. today..headed towrds Romney West Virgina...To look at Helmet's ...and no luck...the small was too big.... gonna check some where else .. Monday!! for sure a full face !!

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
If anyone goes with anything other then a full face, make sure they have eye protection, a shield or some other form because it's the law here. Probably every other state too for kids.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Try an off road type store or snowmobile store if you have one. They must offer a lot of different helmet types.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Shoei makes a XSmall fullface....that is what my 9 year old wears....I also have a Shoei and I think it is one of the most comfy helmets that I have ever owned!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts