V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dual headlight on the new Fat bob has really caught my eye, and I've been thinkin of getting one for my 07 Standard...What do you guys think? Yea or Nay?

·
03 Heritage
491 Posts
I sat on one yesterday at the dealer. The drag bars were more comfortable than I thought the would be.
I don't like the rear fender much, but to each his own. Great bike for the bucks.

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant the headlight itself, mounted on the softail frontend...

rtb said:
I sat on one yesterday at the dealer. The drag bars were more comfortable than I thought the would be.
I don't like the rear fender much, but to each his own. Great bike for the bucks.

·
OWOF
1,077 Posts
Personally, I like the Fat Bob, but would change out the exhaust and that headlight if I got one. Just not my taste.

·
03 Heritage
491 Posts
carpenter115 said:
Sorry, I meant the headlight itself, mounted on the softail frontend...
I dual light wouldn't draw me to the bike, but I like diversity every now and then...keeps things from getting boring. It wouldn't stop me from buying the bike if otherwise I liked it. I hope it puts out more light than a single, bigger light, but I don't know. BTW...buy what YOU want (of course).

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rtb said:
I hope it puts out more light than a single, bigger light, but I don't know.
I want to find that out before I scope a light out...I've been waiting for the dealer to get a Bob in stock...guys at the shop are pretty cool, and would keep an eye out for a "take-off", but I dont think many are going to replace it. I did see an aftermarket dualie setup, but it didn't look as good as HD's light.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dual Headlight

I think the Dual light would look interesting on a Softail. @gree: If You change post a pic would be good to see.

Regards Greg

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I saw a custom 'tail down in Daytona last spring that had a dual headlight setup. Lights were much smaller than the bob's but looked way cool.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Opinion

Custom Chrome sells a very nice and affordable dual headlight setup, and I have run several of them.

I think the Fatbob is the best bike in the HD lineup. I really like the drag bars, layout, lights, and everything else. As mentioned, would probably get better pipes.

I also doubt if there is ever going to be any takeoffs on the headlights, that is one item that gives it the distinct look.

2 blackbelts

·
Coonass Extraordinaire
681 Posts
I think that the headlight would look pretty cool......just don't add the fatbob rear fender. That thing is terrible looking.

beaureed445
2007 FXST

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
yep, i think that dual headlight looks pretty cool, and would look good on a softail too. good idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts