V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a *great* time at the Open Road Tour in Ft. Worth yesterday! I've read some negative comments about earlier shows, but I'm here to tell you that this show was well worth the price of admission. I was really impressed with the organization of the event, and also the quality of the exhibits. The historical and cultural exhibits were particularly well done I thought. Was also quite impressed with the Marion County Sheriff's Precision Motorcycle Drill Squad, and Bubba Blackwell's stunts on the Buell were also fun to watch. The high light for me, though, was the demo ride. I got to try an 03 Road King, an 03 Heritage, a Night Train, and best of all, a brand spanking new V-Rod with only 9 miles on the clock! Although I enjoyed the Road King a lot, I just fell in love with the V-Rod! It's hands down the best handling Harley I have ever ridden. When it is finally time to replace my trusty old Lowrider it could well be that I just have to have a V-Rod :D. I had so much fun that I didn't even get to see the first two bands.

Hats off to H-D for putting on a great show. I only wish that they had more stops on the tour so more people could enjoy it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
We went too and had the same feelings as you. The MoCo displays were excelent. The concerts weren't too bad either. I guess my biggest gripe was why did they wait until three days before the event to post the schedule of events, and the map they handed out sucked bad. Otherwise we had a great time.

Well except that the ride up from Houston on Friday was a *****.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Once you get the V-rod over say 30 mph it do handle well. The low speed handling is in the gutter. The bike feal like it want to fall over all the time, much more so 2 up. It was easy for me to see why CW place the V-rod 3ed in the handling department behind the Yam & Kow in there shoot-out.

I was at the opeing act in Atlanta and the 50 bucks I paid was a killer deal for the 3 day HOG/H-D event. It possable I may never see so many bands at one event ever again...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts