V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen one for Sportsters? It seems like I saw one a long time ago but don't remember where. If anybody has one, please show a pic.

·
Known Associate
175 Posts
Can't do. Our Sporty's run the transmission fluid in the primary to help cool the clutch plates. Without the lubrication (open primary) our clutches and transmission would fry.

Wes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mad dog, I know about the fluid, but I have seen it done. someone out there has figured out a way to plate off the tranny oil passages. the plate has a filler cap on it. the clutch is changed to a dry clutch. I just can't remember where I saw it.

·
Known Associate
175 Posts
TXCHOP, i checked out the site you recommended on Dave Finn Motorcycles, but only found frames, wheels and bikes for sale; no mention of a change over from wet to dry clutch/open primary setup for the Sporty...

Wes.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Drain oil, plug oil feed if there is one on a Sportster, install belt drive with dry clutch. Results? The ability to have an open primary.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts

·
Known Associate
175 Posts
TXCHOP, cool, thanks.

Wes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHEW! 2500 bucks?? Wonder if I can cast aluminum...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.