V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I have bought 3 Harleys from the great HD dealership in Faribault, MN.

Great bike pricing, service, selection, advice, and people. You can't ask for much more than that. It keeps my family and I coming back.

I highly recommend stopping by - see the newly built store!

I've been to other dealerships around MN, and some are good, and some are bad too.

Anyone else have comments on HD MN dealers?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have only purchased 2 Harley Davidson motorcycles in my life. I have had experiences with three Minnesota dealerships.

The Rochester HD dealership actually asked me to leave their store when I asked questions about a Sportster. The sales lady replied (exact quote) "You are not serious, get out of here" twice to my questions about availability and price of the Sportster. Even though I live in Rochester I will NEVER go back there, not even to drain my dirty oil.

The Lakeville HD dealership charged me more than $1000 over MSRP for a 1999 Sportster 1200 Custom. They have the attitude that if they charge over MSRP people will pay. I hope this comes back to haunt them as I know for a fact that other dealerships in Minnesota charge MSRP.

The Faribault HD dealership was really good to me. They treated me right, and charged me MSRP for the 2002 V-Rod that I purchased. Their customer service is keeping me loyal even though it is an hour ride away.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't say enough about the boys at the DuLuth HD shop. I came through there two years ago with a big plug in my tire after getting a nail on my trip around the Great Lakes. The tire was out of balance and shaking badly. No one in Canada had the Deuce rear wheel. I called ahead and they had one. They offered to take my name and hold it for the afternoon until I got there. Arrived two hours before closing and they rolled me right in to the service bay. Had my bike repaired and out front in an hour. Then the dealer had his secretary call around town for a motel room for us as a favor. A convention was in town and he said we would have a hard time. After calling for about 20 minutes, the only room she found was across the bridge in Superior. The dealer got his bike out and drove us over. What a great bunch of guys.

Shooter

·
Registered
90 Posts
I too have just recently purchased a new blk/silver anniversary Lowrider from Fairbault Harleydavidson, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Not only the salesmen, but also the finance department, and the maintenance department personnel are very pleasant to work with. And yes, was quoted and paid MSRP. I will drive out of my way to give them my business. Well worth the drive just south of the cities.

RPlowrider

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a friend that inquired about an '03 RK at Zylstra's in Elk River MN last summer. They wouldn't show him any '03 bikes (which were stored in their lower level) unless he signed a purchase agreement. What's up with that !!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have never purchased a bike from Zylstra but I would have to say that the Service manager there is one of the most helpful and friendly people I have ever met. I live in Central WI, and I probably call the guy 4 times a month to ask him questions, never bought anything from him but he just wants to help. As far as the other dealers in the Twin Cities the only one I wouldn't touch is either of the "Twin Cities" dealers they are the root of all evil. :rolleyes: I was treated well at St. Paul but I can't even stand to walk in "Twin Cities". Hope this helps. On another note Appleton, WI HD (where I bought my bike) is great! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
See ya there

My whole HD family will be there for the Open House! We are all looking forward to it.

For each bike sold that day Lance (sales mgr.) is going to kiss a pig.

It should be a good time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
man sonds like you folks have had the same experiances i have with all these twincity dealers, who needs to put up with some of there #$%*,i see some one had a good experience with zylstra, i havent myself but it could just be me. they would not even give me a price until i gave them my drivers licence so they could right up a purchase slip, you know well work with you on the $ they said, they were $1900 over what i paid for my bike in mankato mn, then when i told them that i was told i was lying. guess i will just have to bring them the receipt. but my favorite dealer yet has been apols in little old raymond mn. cant say enough about there store, just great people.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll second Apol's in Raymond MN, Look up Jason Sprock for sales. Nice Dealer with a big store in alittle town. That's where I bought RK 03. Give discounts for HOG membership, which alot of dealers don't do anymore. Have a Dyno and good service dept.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have heard many good things about the fairbault(notice nobodys spelled that the same way yet) dealership, just may have to take a trip and check it out

·
Registered
17 Posts
P.S. I went to elkriver one day to look at a job and happen to be deciding about letting go of my Fatboy and getting my new RK from Apol's. So I stopped into Zylstra's. Wanted my driver license and signature before they would even talk to me. And then wanted to know if once they gave me the price if I would take the bike home that day. Knowing better I jumped through their hoops. There was at least 4g's difference. I told them that they weren't even close. They asked where I thought the price should be. Told them. They told me not to waste their time, told me I couldn't be comparing apples to apples. Asked them for my driver license back, then they told me I was passing up a good deal and the price would be going up. Asked for my driver license back. Then they ripped the price quote sheet into four pieces and slid it across the table. Never again will I step foot into that store. Although they always seem to have plenty of bikes advertised.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have heard many good things about the fairbault(notice nobodys spelled that the same way yet) dealership, just may have to take a trip and check it out
Justinv,

I can assure you it is spelled F A R I B A U L T. I had to write a pretty big check to them. Their web site just got a tune up.

I don't dobut the other places the people here mentioned are good. Like I posted earlier I have only had experience with 3 dealerships, and the Faribault guys treated me the best. From what I read there are some other good ones out there in Minnesota too, good to know. My brother has designs to visit as many dealerships as he can, so I figure this thread is a good read. For other Minnesotans this would be the thread to read before buying a new Harley.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bought two bikes through Delano HD, have had nothing but wonderful service. Charged MSRP, but delt with me on the setup pricing.

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
Even though I'm reading this thread AFTER I bought my bike, it's still helpful.

I shopped Faribault first just for the hell of it(was there about 2 hrs) and then went closer to home and shopped TC HD in Lakeville and St. Paul HD. TC told me bikes were MSRP the week I was there but would be $750 higher next week and then $1500 the week after that so if I wanted one it had better happen soon, I walked. St. Paul was already $1G over MSRP and I couldn't find a salesman for permission to even sit on one, I don't think they saw me leave there either. Then I went back to Faribault, sat on any bike I wanted when I wanted, found what I wanted and had a great time at the open house before riding my new purchase home. They were the best and will continue to get my business. Since buying the bike I've heard similar comments about Faribault and the others.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Faribault HD

I just bought new Road King (FLHRSI) from FHD, and I agree that they are a great dealership! Several friends purchased their bikes from Lakeville and all complained about one aspect or another of their experience. (Examples: new bike on showroom floor with prospective customer sitting on it when they came to pick it up, scratches in paint that the dealer refused to address.)

FHD quoted pricing was significantly lower than that offered by Lakeville, Blaine, or St Paul.

I'm delighted with the bike and very happy I got it from Faribault!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.