V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they come loaded with different base MAP configurations already installed in the updated files?

Say for instance for my 06 Ultra's configuation of Stage 2 1550 big bores with SE flat tops and 203 mid torque cams? Or will it have a file of one of the MAPs in its file program that would, say for instance, be close enough for me to finish programming with the SERT?

Thanks
:beatdh: :beatdh: :beatdh:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, the SERT program comes with a dozen or so "canned" maps. Since you are using all SE parts, they should have one that is close if not dead on for your parts. As I'm sure other members will reiterate, if you want every bit of performance, you should have the SERT adjusted on a dyno by a qualified tech. Otherwise you can adjust the parameters of the map you choose and if you don't like it, you can download the map in its original configuration and start over. You can also save any adjusted maps for future reference or use.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
HKSkully said:
Do they come loaded with different base MAP configurations already installed in the updated files?

Say for instance for my 06 Ultra's configuation of Stage 2 1550 big bores with SE flat tops and 203 mid torque cams? Or will it have a file of one of the MAPs in its file program that would, say for instance, be close enough for me to finish programming with the SERT?

Thanks
HKS: Here's one of the maps from the SERT's current offerings:

Calibration # 29: 2006 Touring Exhaust (includes FLSTSCI)
Configuration: 1550 Stage 2
File Name: 141MJ013-A0.MT6
Components:
• SE Air Cleaner and Breather Kit P/N 29440-99C
• SE 1550 Big Bore Cylinders P/N 16546-99 or 16549-99
• SE 1550 Flat Top Pistons P/N 22851-99A
• SE 203 Cams P/N 25937-99B
• SE Performance Touring Mufflers P/N 65115-98B or 65116-98A
This would work to get you started; but as darkknight stated you'll want to eventually get the bike dyno tuned by a competent SERT Tuning facility.

If you don't feel comfortable using one of the included maps, which by the way are usually configured to run on the lean side, there's the option of getting a custom map from www.hdmaps.com

Good luck!

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts