V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FLAME Ev'rything
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update for those who read & replied to my last thread. I went to the Stealership & purchased the Genuine Harley Starter Solenoid we talked about the other day... Let me tell ya, I have enjoyed the last two days on my bike with absolutely no problems with ANYTHING...Starts everytime!!
I have to thank you guys who helped with my troubleshoot...I really really appreciate it. I would rather ask alot of questions on VTF & learn to work on my Shovel than pay to have it done by a shop. THANKS AGAIN...Tony

NEXT QUESTION: I also purchased a Battery Tender. It says in the Harley manual to disconnect the ground cable on the bike before using a battery CHARGER. My question is: Do I have to disconnect the ground cable when using a battery TENDER?

·
Shithead
4,836 Posts
Both my bikes are rigged with a permanent harness for the battery tenders. I just plug in every time I get home and have never had a problem. The bike's not drawing any current standing still, so I can't see any way there would be a technical need to disconnect.

I would suspect the advise to disconnect the negative is to stop us from hitting the start button with the tender still connected. In other words, it's a lawyer thing to avoid liability.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts