V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellers,

The wife & I rented a Fatboy a couple of years ago and liked getting back into the saddle. We got started soon after with a used 2000 Honda Valkyrie. That was just fine but had the Harley fever. Bought a new 2003 Ultra in 2003. Was use to the Valkyrie power so had a 103 put in and now we are on the road. Ain't in nice having kids grown. Time to have fun. Look forward to joining in.

Jim

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to V-Twin forum, Jim. Where 'bouts in Texas are you?
I live in Plano.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Jimmy is in the house. The house of shinny paint, Glittering chrome and leather.

This Is the place for all kinds of motorcycle enthusiasts of all ages. We seem to have quite a few bald headed, middle aged empty nester's. My nest is 1/4 empty at the moment. But my head shines.

So welcome Jim. Post up and enjoy

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey 81
Not to far from you. We are in Greenville, TX. We come to Plano when we want to go to the big city. Bought our bike in Allen. You get out this way any? Maybe we can hook up somewhere in between sometime. We have been looking for another bike night like the one they had at Sasche for awhile but have not found one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello Jim,

The only time I get out to Greenville Tx. these days is when I am passin' through on I-30 to go some place else. How was your bike buying experience at H-D of Dallas in Allen? I am currently bike-less myself. My last bike was a 1983 Kawasaki GPz 750 which I sold in 1986 and my butt's been itching to back in the saddle ever since. I hoping to get that Softail (Fat Boy or Heritage) I've been dreaming about since the early 90's by the beginning of next summer. I asked about H-D of Dallas in Allen because that's the nearest dealer to me and will probably give them my business.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Garland & Allen dealership has changed hands since I bought. They are now both owned by some group out of Arizona. Paris, TX seems to be the cheapsest place to buy from what I have heard. Good luck to you on getting that new bike.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
How does that 103 feel? Is it enough?.........Is there ever enough power

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is that a nice dealership up there in Paris? Have you been to the Sherman location? They're supposed to be opening a new place right off 75 just after the first of the year. The best dealer in DFW (IMO) is American Eagle HD in Corinth (just south of Denton off I-35).

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P 0 P E Y E,
You are right, there is never enought but at least now we can get on the interstate without being runover. Ha at least so far.

Jim

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Jim finney said:
Hey 81
Not to far from you. We are in Greenville, TX. We come to Plano when we want to go to the big city. Bought our bike in Allen. You get out this way any? Maybe we can hook up somewhere in between sometime. We have been looking for another bike night like the one they had at Sasche for awhile but have not found one.
We live out west of Ft Worth but bought Cheri's bike ('05 Softail Deluxe) just as the '06s were hitting the dealers. Dallas HD gave us a killer deal on it ($1500 off MSRP) and were givign even better deals on some '05 Road Kings they had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts