V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened.

We've progressed from "I won't even go in the same garage with that death trap" to "Ok, I'll ride with you around the neighborhood, but not over 25 mph" (I didn't know my bike could go only 25 mph for any distance) to "let's ride to the lake house tomorrow." And, keep in mind it's about 2 hours from home to Possum Kingodm Lake. The weather is great here - mid 80's yesterday (sorry to those of you up north who have already winterized your bikes - I'll do that to my boat, but not my bike) - should be about the same today.

So, I'm looking forward to my first ride with someone to share the fun with.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D Way to go and congrats. As Thealien says, patience will get you just about anything. and congratulate the little lady, maybe soon she'll want her own ride.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Congrats man! My Bride won't ride at all!:mad: But, I guess there's a good side to it though as I can go anywhere I please. She never interferes with my riding plans, she just goes shopping!:D

G

·
In the span of one year, my lovely bride has gone from "not interested" -to rides around the block - to trips of a few hours - to letting the kids ride - to signing up for the MSF course. She says I'll never talk talk her into buying a bike though ... :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
So there's hope afterall!

·
Registered
432 Posts
My wife went from I won't ride if you get one to, the night I brought home after dinner she ask if I'd take her for a ride, to now 3 hours each way rides to a friends cabin by a lake for lunch. The only thing she didn't like about that was coming down from the mountains to 107 degree heat.
Dan

·
Just bad
698 Posts
I guess I'm not the only one then :). My wife is always up for a challenge and motorcycle trips have been no big deal - mind you the longest we have taken (together) has been maybe 300 miles round trip with plenty of stops. I rode solo to visit my sister in south FL and got a "taste" of an iron-butt ride doing 600 miles each way over a long weekend. The topic of vacation came up a few days ago and my wife actually suggested a cycle trip (yes, it was her idea - I was thinking more along the lines of hauling the bike in my cushy pickup for a trip like that) to visit her sister next summer... in Edmonton, AB (2200 miles from ATL). While I'm definitely game for it, I keep asking her if she really knows what she's getting into :D. I suggested she ride with me on another Florida trip as a "warm-up" before we take off to Canada.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Our trip to the lake and back on Sunday was great. A little cooler than we expected. So, we stopped at a Wal-Mart to get her some insulated gloves. The trip was only about 120 miles each way. But, long enough to see the need for better seating. She complained that her butt was numb. Although, I didn't mind her asking me to masssage her @$$ when we got home.

She's ready for our next ride. Maybe to Fredricksburg, near San Antonio. That will be about 350 miles each way.

We're making progress.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well I have always loved to ride, but we never got a bike because of money, raising children,.......... so on and so. Then about 2 1/2 years ago my husband is wanting his Sportsbike really bad, mind you 2 out of 3 children are older now, and at first I was "NO WAY ARE YOU GETTING A BIKE", then I gave in. Well he got his bike so then I wanted our Harley, so we got that and then I was constantly whinning for my own. So It comes in steps and I am sure she will want her own. I think it is great that husbands love when their wives want to ride with them!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I would love if my Bride wanted to ride. I was going to keep the Sporty for her if she wanted it. She is not the least bit interested in it. Thought the ride on a Road King in Vegas would do it. No, but her sister enjoyed the fruck out of it, to the point that I thought she'd convince her SO to buy one. Give her time though. And I also thought that her sister would talk to her more about the ride and tell her what she's missing. Again, give her time.:D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts