V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enjoy The Silence
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a dumb question or have been asked a million times, but I need to know. Will a seat from the late 90's fit on a '05 Heritage Classic? If not please explain.

Thanks to all that take the time to answer:beer4u:

·
Enjoy The Silence
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
30 views and no answers. :huh: I searched for the answer and can't find anything. If this has been discussed, how about a link. Thanks

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Hi how's it goin'?
Sometimes the most obvious answer is often the best.No disrespect intended.
Do you have a part No" or the make and model of this seat.If so contact a dealer to find out.Alternatively contact a Harley dealer and find out what years of manufacture are interchangable.Another good way is to checkout,for eg,is Leparas website and look up a seat corresponding to your model bike and they will have what years fit what.Eg 91-95 dynas or 84 to 99 softail.:thumbsup:
Goodluck mate.
P.S. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
EDIT: I did a search for you and the answer is most likely no.
I'm not sure of the reasons but i would hazard a guess-new engineTC,new frame,1 piece tank-like the dynas and i'm sure there are a few more.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I beleive they have different mounting points. they changed the bikes when they started making the twin cam models and that may be the difference. you might try a online discounted cycle web site site to get one that fits.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Enjoy The Silence
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
71baldboy, No disrespect taken, sometime the obvious is just to easy. brownjams, Im looking a sites now, thanks.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
no problem if you need help just PM me, will be glad to help. I like Mustnag seats myself, they make great seats.

good luck and ride safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts