V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like alot of you I grew up riding mini bikes as soon as I was able. Got my first "real" motorcycle at 15, a Harley Davidson of all things, yessirree it was a used 1965 Red & White two-tone beauty (made in Italy for HD)! All 65cc's of her pumping out a whopping 5 horsepower!! And the shifter was 3 speeds along with the clutch in the left hand grip which you twisted to change gears.. We were a pair, and travelled a lot of central florida roads, and woods for a couple years. And then I went to the dark side - Rice Burners for the next 20 years. The fastest and scariest a 1974 Kawasaki 900z1. The original SuperBike! It really screamed, and it really wobbled over 120, so I learned to slow down . . . . . . a little!
I was bikeless for a lot of years raising the family. But in 2004 I got back into the Harley fold with "the New and improved" Sportster 1200 Custom. And just 2 days ago and 54000 miles later the Sportster moved over a space for a shiny new Big Brother my NEW to Me (used) 2010 Ultra Classic! I am now a grown up!! (sort of) And I will be looking for advice and tech tips on the 96 engine as I normally do most of my own maintenance and repairs. So the old Sportster Forums are yesterdays news, and I'm on to the V-Twin Forums and glad to be here!! I hope to find some great info here, as well as some great people! See you in the Threads, *********!

·
No work, all play
109 Posts
Hello *********,

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new to you UC!! That's a great bike and a big step up from the Sportster. You're gonna love it, especially out on the highway!

Oz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts