V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems to me there's a lot of interest in the retro look with our softails.
So if you have any pics of your old school retro softail post em!
Here's my 05 deluxe.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I like the bike. The seat has all the things I like about the old Fl seats with out the big air gap underneath.

I have no pics to share yet. My bike is still stock. Thanks for posting yours. I hope eventually to plagiarize some of your ideas if you don't mind.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Comparison

Here's my favorite comparison I did in one retro thread earlier. I put this together to see things side-by-side. OK, the middle bike is backwards but I wanted them all pointing one direction. The top is my project, the middle is the late model FLSTFI from Klock Werks Cycles recently in the November AIM and the bottom is the original, a late 50's/early 60's FLH Duo-Glide.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
mori55 said:
Here's my 05 deluxe.
Hey Mori, looking good! That's the first picture I've seen (or noticed) the Softail Springer Classic light on the front fender. I have been trying to get this as a replacement part over the counter at my dealership but so far nobody has them. Guess I gotta order one. You were right, Phase I is never done!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
At the local HD shop there's a duo glide same color i'll take a pic this week when i go there.
The next things i want to get are the front and rear fender bumpers.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Nice bike mori! What other mods do you plan on adding? May I suggest the round mirrors. I add those and it does make a world of difference when making it retro. I believe the second picture Chris posted is a Fatboy. I saw that bike in the AIM and noticed the wheels ;). I believe my bike has a little retro with a twist of modern. I call that classic :D.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
mori55 said:
It seems to me there's a lot of interest in the retro look with our softails.
So if you have any pics of your old school retro softail post em!
Here's my 05 deluxe.
Really looks good Mori...

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Carrie said:
May I suggest the round mirrors.
Carrie, right on about the round mirrors and phat spokes. The wheels on your scoot look great. Here is 69 Z-28's Deluxe with the round mirror. Slick looking!

Also, here's Carrie's wicked wheels ...

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carrie said:
Nice bike mori! What other mods do you plan on adding? May I suggest the round mirrors. I add those and it does make a world of difference when making it retro. I believe the second picture Chris posted is a Fatboy. I saw that bike in the AIM and noticed the wheels ;). I believe my bike has a little retro with a twist of modern. I call that classic :D.

What a nice bike everything is nice and neat on it.
I plan on the round mirrors and fender bumpers,trumpet horn and corbin seat. SAlso thinking of adding beach bars.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Only negative about the round mirrors is they are a little hard to see out of. Not quite as good as the original stock mirrors.

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
alaskan302 said:
Here is my fatboy, the pics are chitty cause they were taken with my phone.
Say what you like about Vivid Black, that thing looks great in white. Are those Bub Jug Huggers? And a Le Pera solo? Very old school, clean look.:265:

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
HD-LUX said:
Say what you like about Vivid Black, that thing looks great in white. Are those Bub Jug Huggers? And a Le Pera solo? Very old school, clean look.:265:
Thanx
Lepera Bare Bones Solo, Avon Gangster White Walls, Samson Street Sweepers, Psycho Chubby 18' apes, Chrome fatboy wheels. And a bunch of small crap

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
69 Z-28 said:
Only negative about the round mirrors is they are a little hard to see out of. Not quite as good as the original stock mirrors.
I have to disagree. I like these better than the stock mirrors. Maybe it depends on size and quality...

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Carrie, Now if we could only see a picture of a real beauty (you) on your bike. :brows:

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn some nice looking scoots guess the retro look is in!
What do you think look better the long round mirrors or the shorter ones?

1 - 20 of 416 Posts