V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new money pit has just about broke me! I have purchased a 2001 American Ironhorse Ranger with a 110 Rev Tech motor. After fixing many problems with this bike now with a new 2.0 kw starter and batt it still won't turn over. It will turn over with a spark plug out and it will push start no prob. my ground wire runs down to under the trans. Tried a 600 amp cold start batt , no help. This bike use to start with a 1.2 kw starter at 1 st. I just don't get it. I'm starting to HATE this bike. Any hints from anyone? [email protected] I just don't have any more money left and must fix on my own. getting tired of push starting to ride! I've rode for over 40 yrs and my legs just can't take it. pushing that is. I can ride all day!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Sounds to me like it's either bad cable(s), or poor grounding. (Are you positive that you have a fully charged battery?)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
check the grounds , and cables,as suggested,.. if you need more advice start a new post in the forum that covers your problem, say electrical. Dont forget to title the post so everyone has an idea of what help you need. Some of the more qualified members are sure to help. I agree with DueceDog. grounds and cables. The bike is 10 years old
wouldnt hurt to have new cables.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, now to the cables, and grounding. The starter is trying to turn just won't make a full turn to start. And the cables get hot . the old starter got hot 1.2 kw. the new starter does not (2.0).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts