V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding since the 70's and Harley's since the 80's with a BMW K1200LT thrown in (too top heavy) and a Honda Gold Wing (sorry, but it was the best bike I've ever owned, but I'm tall and could not find a way to extend the pegs to keep my ankles from cramping up).
I currently ride a 2010 Road King Classic which I am pretty much happy with, other than a few irritating things. Like-

How in the hell do you add air to the rear tire with the tire valve against the spokes? I find the easiest way is to raise the bike on a lift to get access to it or take off the side bags. PITA either way.

P.S. I used to like the Company, but I now think Harley-Davidson as a company sucks. It used to be about the ride, now it's about the money above all else. Does anyone know what the Made in China percentage is of the motorcycle as a whole? All it seems to be made of is way over priced chromed plastic parts and accessories other than the engine, drive train and frame. :beatdh:

I still think it is the best motorcycle available after buying many parts and accessories (seat, bars, floorboard extensions,etc just to make it comfortable, let alone what it costs to give it the performance it could have been built with in the first place) but the company sure ain't what it used to be!

How that for an introduction. Maybe I've been around so long that I get grumpy about the little (and expensive) things too much.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Welcome to a helpful HD forum.
You got a tubeless tire? Change to a different tire valve stem. Stems are available that will extend out & to a different angle for better reach.
If you got tubes and want to go tubeless:
>Sealing spoked rims<
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/wheels-tires-brakes-suspension/57288-sealing-spoked-rims.html

About...
.. a few irritating things. Like-

How in the hell do you add air to the rear tire with the tire valve against the spokes? .....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts