V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I know what Im doing here. This seems complicated!!
Started riding on an old 71 FLH from a scrap heap insurance buy. Built it from old parts. Then I got a 73 that I chopped, but was quickly stolen a long time ago. Kept that old 71 for 30 years!!! Now I ride a 94 FLHTCU that I love. Big Red (Bike) & I get along real fine.
A cam & some goodies mods make it a nice runner.
Im not an everyday rider, cause age & money, not to mention time & family, dont allow anymore. But Im still in it with plenty of interest. So, hope I can contribute something here, and enjoy the forum.
Thanx!!! Skinnyass

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome: to VTF SkinnyAss.

Interestingly, I also have a 94 FXDWG that I too call Big Red.

Good folks with good info and some not so good info- like Lady Godivas Toilet Paper thread.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Any pics of your bikes?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thnx

Appreciate the welcome. I'd send a pic, but I havent figured out the system yet. Anybody tell me what to clik on to insert a pic from my files?

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Welcome to the forum skinnyguy. Nobody's too old for this forum. There are some real fossils here, I'm here to attest. As to pics, when you click on "submit reply," you'll get some options under "Manage Attachments." That will give you file formats and file sizes you cannot exceed. To evade those restrictions, you can sign up for photo sharing sites and link to photos from there. Photobucket is one. There are many others. Enjoy your stay.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Howdy!

Welcome to the ?prty:

Looking forward to seeing your ride.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I am sure with all of your years of experience you will have much to share with the forum and likewise the forum.Welcome Skinny and enjoy your stay.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice bikes you have and had.

People with gray hair are welcome here. They even let this bald sailor dig a few post holes.

post up and relax.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Started young

I started riding on a friends Harley 74 when I was still in high school. My parents swore that if they ever caught me on a motorcycle it would be my A$$. Well, I was coming around a curve at about 80 MPH and who should be right in the middle of the curve in his car, my grandfather. I faced the music and ended convincing them that motorcycles weren't tools of the devil, and ended up getting a new Honda, 305 superhawk. I worked my way through a few small bikes to a Honda V-45, Gold Wing, Harley Soft tail, Honda V-65 (which I still have), and just purchased an 05 Road Glide. Lucky for me my wife encourages me to ride and supports my purchases to make the bike unique to me. I just added a back rest, better headlights, hog tune speakers and road pegs and I'm ready to ride down to Laughlin in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. I enjoy the many miles of road in Ohio from time to time, there's nothing like a jaunt along the Maume river.

Good luck and ride safe.

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Welcome to VTF. Lots of info, bs, and good people. Be Safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts