V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 1972 FLH. I’m super stoked about having it and want to start off with the proper maintenance. I have already ordered a Clymer M420 manual and am going to do a full service on her when it gets here. She runs great and leaks VERY little right now. Any tips or advice for keeping her running smooth would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,586 Posts
Nice ride.

First thing you should do is chunk the Clymer manual. They lie at the worst times.

Get an offical Harley service manual. You may be able to pic up a used one for $40 + -. It'll save you a ton of money.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck with the "new" bike. FWIW, I have both the Clymer and H-D Service manual for my bike. The more info you have, the better things might be.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice bike! I'm envious. Best you can do is go over everything with a fine tooth comb. Lube and clean and adjust per manual. If you're new to riding please take a Motorcycle Safety Course or two. You don't just "lean" into corners. Enjoy!

·
Registered
688 Posts
bike looks well cared for....but will need regular attentsion depending on how much you ride it...it wont have much less issues like an evo...but working on them can be enjoyable and rewarding too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts