V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OL just bought her first scoot. She has logged a lot of miles on the back and is finally ready to start throwin' the gears herself. She can't seem to wipe the smile off her face. She is looking for a good place to take the course and her son may take it with her.

Now don't give me any **** about it being a Honda Rebel and don't give me any **** about it being a 250cc. Its a bike and its HERS. Besides its a perfect starter bike and I'm takin' bets on how long it will be before she gets a Harley.

We are engaged to get married in June and she is great about sharing my interests and doing things together. She might even jump out of a perfectly good airplane with me someday, but one thing at a time.

A little Crest will brighten up her bug screen.

Holden

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Holden said:

Now don't give me any **** about it being a Honda Rebel and don't give me any **** about it being a 250cc. Its a bike and its HERS. Besides its a perfect starter bike and I'm takin' bets on how long it will be before she gets a Harley.

Holden

I think you have us confused with some other board.

Congrats on the scoot!

And congrats on the engagement!

Looks like ya have things in the right order. Establish she like riding FIRST! THEN say "I Do". :D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Aint that the cat's meow! Mine will jump out of the freakin plane but wont ride with me!:mad:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for all the support and well wishes. Hell we're old farts but we ain't dead yet. Life begins at 50.

Guido, Love the pic. He's Bad to the Bone.

Ride safe,

Holden

·
Registered
297 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife, she will love the Honda Rebel, that's what I started out on, still have that bike. It's the greatest little bike, won't be long before she's ready to move up in size, but it serves it's purpose of getting you comfortable with 2 wheels! I couldn't bear to part with my Rebel, so I kept it as a backup bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HDgirl,

I know what you mean about the Rebel. She thinks it's really cute. When she bought it the talk was all about how easy it will be to get her money back out of it in a year or so. But I am betting she decides to keep forever.
Hey thats cool. The kids & grand kids can ride it.

Holden

1 - 10 of 10 Posts