V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
WE'RE NUMBER 16!
WE'RE NUMBER 16!

A story I heard on the radio this morning said "... MOST of Arkansas. " How does that work, I wonder?

Channel 9, in OKC, insisted on calling it "Permitless Carry".

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
NC, SC and GA have had that law for a couple years. Too bad FL opted out.

tarheel
I thought Florida was a Constitutional Carry state already.

And why does it bother you that it isn't?

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
I’ll bite. What is a constitutional carry state mean
It's when a state decides to allow you to exercise your constitutional rights under the 2nd ammendment. (any sarcasm may be dleliberate)

It means you can carry without having to get a license. A license then becomes needed only if you want to carry in other states- for reciprocity.

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Does that include concealed?

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk
In OK- yes. You can carry open or concealed with no license, effective this coming November. You have to be 21, 18 if you're military.

The standard exceptions still apply- you can't be a felon, you can't carry in gov't buildings, etc.

The "news", this morning, is talking about how you can now carry without a background check; ignoring the fact that you get checked when purchasing. And, of course, they don't mention the fact that crooks don't bother with those technicalities anyway.

The rules for getting a CCW have not been altered at all by this new law, as far as I've heard so far. I doubt I'll hear any different.

joe

·
Registered
15,603 Posts
I guess that makes OK otay.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In OK- yes. You can carry open or concealed with no license, effective this coming November. You have to be 21, 18 if you're military.

The standard exceptions still apply- you can't be a felon, you can't carry in gov't buildings, etc.

The "news", this morning, is talking about how you can now carry without a background check; ignoring the fact that you get checked when purchasing. And, of course, they don't mention the fact that crooks don't bother with those technicalities anyway.

The rules for getting a CCW have not been altered at all by this new law, as far as I've heard so far. I doubt I'll hear any different.

joe
I didn't see that bit about November.
Where did you hear that?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That’s so free I’ve never heard of it over here in CA haha.

I’d heard of free open carry in states like Texas but never free concealed to all.
Jan Brewer did this in Az during her stint as Governor.

Channel 9, in OKC, insisted on calling it "Permitless Carry".

joe
I agree with "permitless carry". No where in the second amendment does it list restrictions for who can and who cannot carry, possess, own, etc.

For it to be "Constitutional" they would have to remove the restrictions on felons, and any others that are restricted.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
I didn't see that bit about November.
Where did you hear that?
1170 AM and Channel 6. When you're artound a little longer, you'll notice that Nov seems to be the standard month for implementation of new laws.

joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Jan Brewer did this in Az during her stint as Governor.

I agree with "permitless carry". No where in the second amendment does it list restrictions for who can and who cannot carry, possess, own, etc.

For it to be "Constitutional" they would have to remove the restrictions on felons, and any others that are restricted.
We could argue that, I guess.

My problem with that name is that I believe they use it to try and cast a negative impression.

joe

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
It also means that Oklahoma has decided NOT to make Concealed Carry a "for profit" venture. I pay $50 every time I renew my constitutional right to bear arms.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Thanks, Joe.
Watching or listening to Tulsa news is depressing.
Even here, 'The Buckle On The Bible Belt', our "news" media are mostly ignorant, immoral, leftist jackals.

Our new rainbow mayor is a sign of our decay. I see more California car tags than any other out-of-state tag.
joe

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
It also means that Oklahoma has decided NOT to make Concealed Carry a "for profit" venture. I pay $50 every time I renew my constitutional right to bear arms.
Getting a CCW license is still a 'for profit' bidness for the Sheriff's office. That was another of the left's tactical laments over the new law-- the loss of revenue.

joe

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even here, 'The Buckle On The Bible Belt', our "news" media are mostly ignorant, immoral, leftist jackals.

Our new rainbow mayor is a sign of our decay. I see more California car tags than any other out-of-state tag.

joe
It behaves like a virus.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts