V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused. This is my first B motor. All my other TC's I have modded heavily. I had one of the first aftermarket 100ci kits on my DWG, Branch heads, JIMs parts glaore, etc, and no worries. Now I want to build a 113ci monster, but my stealer says it can't be done...or at least doens't recommend it, on a B motor.

My bike is a SE FatBoy, 06, with the 103ci, EFI. I have noticed in all of the SE catalogs every B motor EFI kit made seems to limit the tq numbers to under 100 ft/lbs. Is this a limitation of the B motor? Can't the balancers handle any more tq? I know it's possible to make 120/120 hp/tq or more in a 113ci powerplant, but the friggin B motor *seems* to have it's limits. I hope I didn't make a mistake buying a bike with a B motor...

Anyone have any info that might help?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I was told by my dealer anything over 100/100 you should weld the balancer wheels

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Dunno what's up with your dealer.

JIMS makes a balanced version of the 120" race kit (called beta version.)

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
r440 said:
I was told by my dealer anything over 100/100 you should weld the balancer wheels
I think I'd find a new dealer, the balancers spin at the same rpm regardless of hp/torque produced by the engine.

As far as "B" motors being limited for power someone should tell Dewey here's a dyno sheet from his site for a 2004 fatboy 95"

Joe

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good info gys, thanks!

I was looking at the 120ci JIMs motor....VERY nice, and can accomodate some serious bore.

Once thing though, I know I can count on good advice here.

Nice dyno chart jasilva...that's what I'm talking about!

:chopper:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Belicoso_Fino said:

I was looking at the 120ci JIMs motor....VERY nice, and can accomodate some serious bore.

I just put one into my 02 RK. Seriously fun!

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
the balancers spin at the same rpm regardless of hp/torque produced by the engine,unless they happen to spin on the crank,which then throws the engine outta balance,and the other problem with over 100/100 is the bumm crank bear on the 04 and newer bikes,now go easy I am just trying to keep a brother from hurtin his bike and this is just what Ive been told and have read on this forum,maybe grock or wrench will chime in and tell us there thoughts on these issues,I know I have a bit of concern for my bike and would rather fix it before it breaks if this is true

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Belicoso_Fino said:

Nice dyno chart jasilva...that's what I'm talking about!

One more option as shown in my signature file. Since you need to split the cases anyway, do the Timken conversion when you get serious about using your power more than just a few times for a nice dyno chart. Was an expensive learning curve for me. Dewey has some impressive 107" oversquare builds on his web site. Axtell has a 114" all bore kit as well.........., no hassle with high piston speed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts