V-Twin Forum banner

OK...one more question (this time on pipes)

626 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JFScheck 
#1 ·
Still talking about my Fat Boy here. I want to add Big Shots to my fuel injected bike and I am wondering some things. I get some backfiring now (running too lean is what I have been told), so it you have these pipes on an injected bike, I would like to hear about it.
Is there a power increase? Decrease? Problems with lean running? Any other issues?

#2 ·
Have you had the chip reflashed along w/ the stage 1 air cleaner?? There are lots of threads on this forum re: efi tc88's backfiring. Most seem to conclude you cant get rid of it, but some have. Try the search command. good luck greg

#3 ·
I took deliveray today of my Fatboy with reflash, Stage 1 and Vance & Hines Bigshoots long.

The Bigshoots contain a cross over (thus simulating a two into one pipe as per V&H) so they give you more torque and power, are a great addition to the Stage 1 and reflash, and sound great!

I put only 50 miles on the bike today, but no sneezing or any other strange noises, just 100% Harley:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.