V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did your love of bikes come from? (I'm assuming since your here you have a true love for riding)

I was never on a bike before until my first date with the man who is now my husband. I loved it, when I was younger my brother and I shared a 4 wheeler, but I was never on a bike before. I was hooked. Of course it didn't take long for me to want my own, sitting on the back gets old after a while, he supported me every step of the way, even let me take the Pan for a spin down the steet before I took the safety course:) Best move I ever made was taking the saftey course, that's the only thing he wouldn't do, I wanted him to take it with me. His sister who already had her motorcycle license took it with me.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
ok - I'm gonna cheat a little and copy a bit from my introduction on the Newbie's forum.

When I was about 7 I rode on a mini-bike. I thought it was the most awesome thing until I got off the bike and got so sick. I vowed never to get on a bike again! My OM got a bike about 10 years ago and I finally agreed to go for a ride. I was hooked!!! Five years ago I took the class and got my license. My first bike was a Yamaha Virago. I now ride a lowrider. We have a few more years before we are empty nesters, so right now my riding is limited - maybe that's why I hang out on these boards so much. I'm living vicariously through you all!:D When that time comes, look out mustang and fifth! You just might find me knocking on your door!:eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Love at first sound

I have always loved working on engines, always loved the sound, the feel, the vibration...

First bike I ever saw besides a moped was a fat boy. I saw it coming down the road and thought wow, then it got within my hearing range and decided I wanted one. Well here it is several years later and I am nowhere near tall or experienced enough to have a fatboy. My hubby just bought me a Buell Blast, and I have to tell you, it may not be a fat boy, but I love it. Riding is everything I always dreamed it would be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts