V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets see, my first bike was a Honda XR75 1976 I think. I was 13 I think. We were fortunate growing up to have access to large amounts of undeveloped land, all built up now, this was in the late 70's. First street bike was a 1978 Yamaha RD400E. It had extensive engine work, expansion chambers, radial heads, etc. It was really fast for a 400. It suprised a lot of 750 and 1000's back then, 1985. So I went through numerous *** crotch rockets over the years. As the performance increased the comfort level decreased. I also only enjoyed them at high rates of speed. So with the help of a friend, long time Harley mechanic and outstanding tattoo artist, I have started to build my own Harley based bike. Its going to be styled after an early 70's FLH.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Hey smokeeater, welcome to the forum. How much of the build have ya gotten done? Any pics?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to the Board,

Let us know how you are coming on your project bike. Who are you working with for the engine?

Thanks,

Dave

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum smokeeater, Keep us posted on the progress of your bike. Pics would be nice too. If you have any questions feel free to ask as there are a lot of knowledgable people here.

Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts