V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually prefer to cruise the forums to learn and chuckle, but rarely speak. But since you require a post, here's a bit of my story...

I'm 45 and been riding on two wheels since I was 7. My first ride was a Triumph Tiger Cub Sport. It was a ***** to start but a blast once it ignited. Wish I still had it. Since then I've ridden pretty much everything from mini-bikes to dirt bikes to harleys to japanese street bikes and back to harleys. The only thing I haven't owned is a crotch rocket, but I have ridden three of the Buell models and liked the Cyclone a lot.

Currently I have a 1992 XL1200 Sportster (bought new) and a 1991 FLHS E.Glide Sport (bought used). The 1200 is built for speed and the FLHS is built for comfort.

I have ridden over 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours on the FLHS. It's a great bike and I hope to never sell it. It's been to Sturgis and back three times (avg. 3,000 mile round trip) since I restored it from the previous owner's abuse. I don't trailer and I usually do long rides alone.

With the Sportster my ass is sore after 75 miles and I'm out of gas, but smiling! It's a very fun bike in it's own right.

I have two very good local HD dealerships in my area and feel very fortunate in that regard, loyalty works both ways here. I've passed on the oppertunity for my choice of a new bike at msrp each year for the past seven and am still treated like a valued customer. I like what I have and am waiting for something that really trips my trigger. Unfortunately, the new models, once again, don't do it for me.

I still ride in the dirt also, but admit it's mostly on a four wheeled atv. The two wheeled dirt machines don't get used as much anymore, but I'm not selling them.

Other than riding, hunting is my other passion. My family eats almost year round on the venison I put away during bow season. But those are other stories for another forum.

I appreciate this forum and hope to see it continue.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome and I agree with Straydog I found your first post to very interesting. Wow 1000 miles in one day you must have been one popped pup, when you were done. I hope you got to where you were going after all those miles. I'd sure hate to wake up the next morning and think I had another 1000 to go.

Please don’t be a stranger. With the experience you have restoring your, very nice FLHS, I am sure you could encourage others to restore theirs. I have to say you have a very nice bike, not knowing what it looked like when you got it I can say it sweet now.

Again Welcome to the board.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome, hunter57. You are a lucky man to have been to Sturgis on three occasions.

Look forward to your posts.

IMHO, a very good thing about everyone posting is reading the interesting life experiences people have had. Frankly, it's kinda cool.

·
Registered
695 Posts
hunter57,
I enjoyed reading your post. I also bow hunt and have been teaching my son to use his bow for about 2 years now, he's dead on and ready to go hunting this year.
It sounds like you have it pretty good and you're enjoying life.
Ride safe and let her rip.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum, hunter. Nice scoot. Post often. Glad you found us. J.T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts