V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
05 Deuce
123 Posts
Its possible it could prevent a homicide. Here in Memphis, we have had at least one murder from a shooting because somebody ate the other guys last chicken wing! Somebody with intelligience like that might just give up their gun for some gas....but then again they might still just grab a knife instead.

Or possibly it may just disarm a law abiding citizen that is facing a money crunch. Seems like a bad idea to me.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Mine is worth a hell of a lot more than $100. Now, if they gave me the $100 gas card AND another handgun then I might go for it!

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Ah-h-h-h, some great memories. LoL!!!

Several years ago, while I was living out in the Seattle area, the tree huggers had a BIG gun turn in for Seattle Seahawk tickets. Everybody was encouraged to bring their guns to the King Dome (when it was still standing) and trade their deadly weapons in for "high in the rafters" $35.00 tickets.

A buddy and I went out early, $100.00 dollar bills in hand and got some VERY nice "deadly weapons" off the street and in our collection. I added a beautiful engraved Colt single action, a couple model 74 Winchesters and a Colt 45 1911. A total of $500.00 invested. (The fellow with the 1911 got a little greedy). LoL!!!

Oh-h-h-h, we were ask to leave a couple times but the buddy is a local LEO so he ran interference for us.

I love these things, just wish I could find more of these little buy backs.

o~\o

·
Registered
575 Posts
Pretty good example of how out-of-touch the gun grabbers are. Don't they realize that while I'm collecting the $100 for turning in a useless blackpowder pistol I bought for $40 in 1966, I'm laughing like hell at them because I still have a dozen perfectly functional new ones at home? I wonder how many gun owners are turning in their junk for the money and laughing all the way to the bank.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Yeah, you can pick up Ravens, Jennings's and so on for 50-60 bucks at any gun show. I might get me a box full turn 'em in and cut down on my fuel costs.:laugh:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xxxflhrci said:
Yeah, you can pick up Ravens, Jennings's and so on for 50-60 bucks at any gun show. I might get me a box full turn 'em in and cut down on my fuel costs.:laugh:
That's a pretty good return on your investment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wonder if the gungrabbers and the buybackers have ever looked beyond the price of a cheap Jennings or a mid range Glock or whatever to see the ultimate price that was paid for the right to keep and bear those arms? That's priceless!

·
N.R.A.
772 Posts
um hmm

Yep, these "gun buy" programs are a notorious flop within the LEO community because you sure as hell will not hear the truth from the media. The vast, vast, majority of firearms turned in are of complete unusable condition or stolen. Even poor folk with "cheap" ravens who live in "ghetto" type areas realize that even that cheapo is worth more than $100.00 in protection. Any sane person who legitamately obtained their firearm knows that it is worth alot more than they can get from turning it in, and they only increase in value.

And, as far as Ravens, Jennings and the other cheap guns go, I see that they do fill a needed niche. Not everyone can afford a Kimber 1911, Colt, Taurus, etc. That cheapie Raven might be all that winds up saving a life protecting that less affluent citizen from a young, strong, drugged up, thug. (No, I do not own one)

·
Registered
901 Posts
01FLHT4ME said:
Hey, I have a POS Raven .25 Ill let go for $100 gas card....

Only paid $25 for it. Surprisingly it is a very good shooter..
@gree:

Before I got serious about what kind of guns I wanted to collect I acquired a few pot metal junkers. $100 apiece for them would be a nice profit!

(BTW - I don't think of mine are halfway decent shooters. About the best I can say for them is they never blew up in my hand.... yet).

But I won't be turning in any of my 1950s Pythons, 1930s Registered Magnums, etc on this deal.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
how 'bout...states give tax breaks to citizens who attend a ccw class and legally purchase a handgun? Not bad for a liberal, huh?

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I'll give 2 $100 gas cards for any working legal handgun.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I am just doubling the first offer, that is pretty good in an auction.

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
here's what's difficult for me....

the people with the mindset that this plan will actually have a positive effect are our leaders. Can't we do better than this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts