V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know at some point and time, some of yous peoples got tears in your eyes when you layed eyes on your new Harley ;) I orderd mine back in July and got the confirmation letter/delivery date in November and got all teried eyed :eek: I just know when I see the bike/if I see the bike in the crate, i'm going to...........do I have to say it :eek: Ok, I will say it then, I think I will have my eyes all wet, hows that, I did not say cry now, did I ;) If I was a bettin man and I am, I bet there are a lot of guys out there that will not addmit to it but just how many of yous did get a little sentamentle when you first saw her/him?:eek: ;) :eek: I know I will, just hope no one sees ;) :p :) Come on, fess up. I have been wanting a Harley for a good long time, it will be kind of like my first born/only girl :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ok, I will reply since no one has yet. I cant say that I got teary eyed but I did get speechless when I saw the bike I wanted sitting on the floor of the showroom. After I brought her home I would look out in the garage to see her many times during the day. It took a while to sink in that it was my ride.
Now, my buddy who works in a machine shop (not to sterotype), but who is a big burly guy got his RK shortly after I got mine. It is the bike that he has wanted for years and years. Later his wife ratted him out and said he was out in the garage sniffling a little bit after he brought it home :)
I am sure your not alone as I cant believe everyone on the forum is a hard ass.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Teary eyed no, but my buddy summed it up pretty good when he got his bike. We were stopped side by side at a light right after he got his bike and he told me to call Guiness Book of World Records. I asked him why and he said......
"because I've got the worlds biggest boner right now"

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boner :eek: :eek: I will have a "woody" for weeks :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Nothing beats the feeling I had when I told the salesman to put a "sold" sign on her. That beautiful summer Saturday. Man, got a tissue?:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
'Bout had tears in my eyes when my scoot finally was finished 2 weeks ago from being completely rebuilt after my wreck in 01- been waiting 14 months on paint, it got a new frame and was a ground up rebuild (it is a 90 with 2 original '90 parts left on it)
I'll get around to pics soon

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Heck, I'm welling up with tears for ya right now. Glad to hear ya back in the saddle!:D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Holy crap. What a bunch of ****. Now if you had been watching Bambi or Old Yeller and get teary eyed, I could understand. Just kiddin...don't go crying on me.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
The feeling is still there from the first day. I day does not go by when i look her over and am amazed that i own a HD.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joe.
I only live 2 and a 1/2 hours from you :) We could meet at Indy West Harley some time and "do lunch" I have been there and they are nice people :) That would be a good reason to get away for a day ;) :cool: :)

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
OMG, are you guys living THAT empty of a life?????????? LOL

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come on Chuck, fess up here ;) My life is very empty, till I get the Harley :eek: Then it will be full of fun again :p Chuck, just you waite till I get my Ultra, it will be newer than yours :p :p ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tears? Could it be the payments for the next 84 months?
I lucked out, walked in a branch store looking for a leather for the little lady and walked out owning a Duece 2 tone. Riding that thing home from the dealership, caused me to catch my breath and THANKED GOD more than once, I have owned 5 others bikes but this was THE find of MY LIFE.
With all the S*** happening in our little world, I stopped to smell the roses and the new engine crackeling.

Lets ride!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sometimes I'll just stand in the garage and stare at it. My wife doesn't understand. It's definately a feeling like no other. I took off early from work just to see them unpack it from the crate. and the first ride home feeling the big twin pulse between my legs............excuse me.....I have to go now

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"excuse me.....I have to go now" 304, say no more ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
woodwalker-
I just sold my '00 RK and I can tell you that it was a unsettling feeling to see some guy sitting on it and loading it up in the truck. It sucked!

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
Yuk, yuk.........come on now, yes it was fun and exciting but jeeez dudes, geta hold of your hoo hoos............

Mine showed up in our cul de sac, delivered in a HD trailer. Looked good coming around the circle and then.................
...........I noticed that one of the trailer wheels was wobbling. BADLY. The boys jumped out of the truck, opened the back gate and rolled 700+ pounds of the blackest FLHT you've ever seen.
They wanted to sit around and chat. I put my helmet on and asked my wife to entertain them.
All they saw was vapour trails!

None of the pictures turned out!!

F^$&ing hell!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts