V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick search returns nothing useful. I have a friend, 06 SG, is concerned about oil entering his air cleaner via the vent tubes from the rocker box. I would like to think there is a filter to prevent liquid oil from making it's way to the TB ( efi ). He thinks the oil is fouling his sensor in the TB. He says he has replaced the o rings, but is concerned that it is still happening. He has also replaced the sensor cuz he was getting the fault code. I have the same bike, same motor ( fewer miles ), and I have not seen any of this. Comments ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Given enough time, I can answer my own stupid questions. Found a picture online showing the filter and 'umbrella'. Now I guess the question is, do they fail, causing the oily condition ?

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Yes the umbrella valve can fail.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
There are many things that can cause this to happen. Sounds like it needs a blow by test and leakdown test. Oil pump can be going bad as well. Take it to someone that can test the bike properly.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are many things that can cause this to happen. Sounds like it needs a blow by test and leakdown test. Oil pump can be going bad as well. Take it to someone that can test the bike properly.
Sounds like the right thing to do since it can have many causes. That bike has almost 50k now. I think it runs great, Plugs look good, uses no oil, and oil pressure seems normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts