V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one 's probably been beaten to death before, but it's worth revisiting

Synthetic vs HD360

The dresser crowd piles the miles like no other. Long term motor service comments if you please.

oh........forget the cost

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I only run Amsoil. Before the rebuild on my bagger last year(only for hp gains) my 97 evo had 16k on it and still could see the cross hatches in the cylinders. I run Amsoil in everything that takes oil. Soon to be an Amsoil dealer as well.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Thank you, Pasadenajim. I agree. Got two bikes. Run HD in one. It has 32K and no problems. I just change it every 2k. Got one with 52k. It gets Pennzoil from Walmart. No problems.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live by Amsoil.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use regular old HD oil and change it every 2000-2500 miles....no problems here. On a side note, my buddy was running RedLine Synthetic in his Dyna and changing every 5K...at 35000 when he put a 95 inch kit in it, he had to replace oil pump...looked like a record with all the grooves....

T-Bone

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Has anyone tried or have any experience with Cen-Pe-Co??? It's pricey but found it holds oil pressure better in my semi and it is the ticket in my diesel Super Stock pulling tractor.

:) :confused: :)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I like synthetic, mostly for protection when riding in the desert heat. However, any good name brand oil will work, if changed regularly (imho).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts