V-Twin Forum banner

Oil

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Vern1 
#1 ·
HA! Thought the title would get the oil freaks attention. :redrolf:

Opinions wanted on fitting an oil cooler unit;
For a winter project, I'm considering fitting an oil cooler unit (probably jagg) to my fxdb. Considering the climate i live in, temps rarely get above 30c (mid 80s F) in the height of summer and between -5c to 10c (21f 45f) winter. Will i be throwing my hard earned cash away on this project? I keep thinking, if the bike really needed one HD would have fitted it in the first place. If i lived in say AZ I would not hesitate. What's your opinion? Yes or no?

#4 ·
Before you make a costly mistake, we need some additional information before any of us can offer sound advice.

What kind of oil do you use?

Where did you buy it ?

How much did you pay for it?

Was it on sale?

Did you buy anything else with the oil?

Did you buy it before or after lunch?

What did you eat for lunch the day you bought the oil?

#10 · (Edited)
Although your questions are not directly related to my original post, I will however endevour to answer them which relates to the last time i bought some 'black gold' / 'Texas tea'.

What kind of oil do you use?
I generally use good old fashioned fossil oil, it even has a few Ammonites mixed in for better bearing polishing.
Where did you buy it ?Normally from the same guy at a boot sale I go to once a year. I know he’s genuine because he always keeps the oil warm for me. He keeps it somewhere beneath his car, because he always brings it up In an open tray for me to see.
How much did you pay for it?This year all he was asking was a feel of my g/f’s breasts.
Was it on sale?Sure, normally he asks to feel her ass as well.
Did you buy anything else with the oil?He threw in an extra fast flow filter with a ¼” filtration rate.
Did you buy it before or after lunch?Always before lunch, I make better decisions before I eat.
What did you eat for lunch the day you bought the oil?I celebrated my bargain with a few jellied eels. Mmmmm

#9 ·
Since I assume you are in England, I would use the money on some good rain gear.....:beer: seriously based on the temps you mention I would not worry about oil temps. JMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.