V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hav an engine oil weep behind the rear cylinder of my 2001 FLSTC. I have 20,000 miles on it and have noticed this for about the last 5000 miles or so. I do have the extended warranty and the dealer says its the case seal and he will have to take the engine down. I am hesitant to do this as the bike runs great and this is nearly a cosmetic leak only. I never loose enough oil to leak on the garage floor. Has anyone else had this problem??
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Heard of it.

There have been a few instances on the boards where people discussed it, and it turned out to be either the cylider O rings, the sealing between the cases or porous cases. In this last case it generally took several engine disassemblies before the problem was eventually repaired, according to the owners of the bikes.
There was one guy on this board, from TN, that eventually ended up trading the bike out of frustration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oil Leak

I Have a 2002 FLHRCI which has developed a oil leak behind the rear cylinder as well where the trans meets the engine. It has ruined my looks of the Screamin eagle pipes that are on it, on the right side by spraying oil on the rught side.

Thanks please reply. It goes to the shop on the 7th I will post the results and how it was covered!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts