V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1993 Softail Custom with EVO 80CI is leaving a puddle of oil on the floor after shut down. I can wipe it down and place a piece of paper under it and not a drop after the initial leak...

I have cleaned it ridden it and parked it and cannot seem to identify where the leak is coming from. When on kickstand the base of the frame forward of the rear wheel initially starts dry then gets wet with oil around the center base then flows to left side and drips from lowest point. I initially thought it was coming from drain hose but that does not appear to be the case. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the same in all three but I have ruled out Transmission & Primary as those levels have remained constant.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I had a '87 FLHS that developed a leak from a engine case crack right below the oil filter screen plug area. It was hard to find, but finally located it after cleaning the engine thoroughly. Back in the day someone told me there were some engine case casting flaw issues for a couple of years, don't know, only mentioning where I found my elusive oil leak if it helps. The bike had 150,000+ on it, so maybe it was just time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts