V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seasoned Rider
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the exact dimensions of the Oil pressure valve? I lost mine and was wondering if anybody could give me the dimensions so I could have a tool maker make a new one for me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Do you mean the oil pressure relief valve? Could you give a little better of a description?

·
Seasoned Rider
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Somebody must have a take-off scored cam support plate that has a valve in it. Maybe they'd be willing to give it to you. Have you asked HDWrench??

·
Seasoned Rider
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Careless me ...

I did mention it to HDWrench but gave no indication to him about needing the dimensions at the time. At the time I had one on order but the order was being held up at my local HD shop due to conditions with their purchasing department. I called the local shop again today and he assured me that the part will be here this week. I should have been more careful with the cam plate once I took the spring out. My first HD wrench job and a lesson learned. It shouldn't cost that much for that little part ... but then again who knows. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here are the measurements of mine.

Overall length 1.187"
Outside Dia. .435"
Inside Dia. .344"

Can't measure the degree of the bevel for the seat.

Good luck.:yes:

·
Seasoned Rider
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the dimensions

If I don't get the part in this week I'll just have a machinist make the part for me. Thanks for your post on the measurements!

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Turtleneck said:
If I don't get the part in this week I'll just have a machinist make the part for me. Thanks for your post on the measurements!

I guess you could make such a part but I wouldn't attempt it. That part is centerless ground to a very high finish. You could probably order one and get it within a week for less than $10.00. If the fit and finish is incorrect, it could stick in the bore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts