V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing BB build with Baisley spring and I want to add oil pressure gauge to the bike. Been looking at Arlen Ness or would the MOCO one be better? Is 60 lbs. enough or should I go with 100.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have the MOCO. Get the Ness, errr........
tell you what, I sell you my MOCO and I'll get the Ness!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
While I am thinking about this though the slickest setup I have seen is one by Autometer. I saw them this past fall with and without a small Autometer tach paired off with the pressure guage.

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks M

Was the Autometer gauges on the rocker cover or on the bars? And do you think 60lbs. is enough when using the baisley spring?

Dave

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
60 psi is fine, but do check out the autometer gauges as they are of very high quality, as are all their gauges. I still have my tach from when I went down it is CRUSHED it still worked.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
a thought to consider: if you go with the 0-100, the nombers will be smaller and the increments will be harder to read while riding.
0-60 will be much easier to interpret while riding.
if you are running over 60 going down the road at operating temp, you need to back off the spring pressure or you wil experience sumping.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I have the ness and think it's pretty good. No leaks and a stainless oil line. get it off eBay and save a buck or two. have heard people say the MoCo gauge has tendency to leak?

If you get the Ness gauge, It won't bother your leg being on the rocker box but be careful in the Summer. It gets HOT. In the winter I use it for a right hand warmer.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
I bought the HD gauge kit, but I was very uneasy with the supplied plastic line. I then purchased a Russell braided line. Much better now.

YB

·
OBSESSED
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody. I think I'm goin with the Ness bracket and Autometer gauge like Lavaking set up.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got the Ness off ebay. Chrome is great. Directions were not to good, but its not rocket science.
It does rub against myu leg though, and gets hot too.

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Will the ness oil pressure guage fit with the Autometer dual rocker box guage bracket? I want to use a tach in the large diameter cup and a ness oil pressure guage in the smaller cup.

http://www.wimmermachine.com/18.html

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Be careful... that 2 cup mount looks like it's going to fry your leg off.... You might be able to throw a steak on it and it would be ready when you ended your ride.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
rpbrock said:
Be careful... that 2 cup mount looks like it's going to fry your leg off.... You might be able to throw a steak on it and it would be ready when you ended your ride.
The assembly stays cool while riding. Touching it is not a problem. But when you are sitting, in traffic say, it gets mighty hot...and fairly quickly too.

YB

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
but does it constantly rub your leg or is it pushed in a little i would really love a tac and oil psi gauge on my night train and thay need to make black ones for a night train geez not everone likes chrome :)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Not trying to be a smart arss here, but could someone explain the usefulness of a rocker box mounted tach? Personally, I need a tach mostly when I'm on the throttle, so looking down next to the engine is not where I want to have my eyes trying to hit my shift points on the money.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Pretty sure Midnight Sporty is looking for the combo deal that houses both the tach & pressure gauge.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts