V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a 95 or 98 build this winter and wish to install an oil pressure gauge. Anyone have experience using HD Oil Pressure Gauge Kit, part #75133-99, on a Road King? Mounting to the rocker cover causes me some concerns re: vibration over time. Comments appreciated.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
dmeals said:
Planning a 95 or 98 build this winter and wish to install an oil pressure gauge. Anyone have experience using HD Oil Pressure Gauge Kit, part #75133-99, on a Road King? Mounting to the rocker cover causes me some concerns re: vibration over time. Comments appreciated.
Vibration doesn't bother it - it's oil filled. I purchased a Russell braided line for it - the stock line didn't cut it for me and the braided looks soooo much better.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
pws said:
Vibration doesn't bother it - it's oil filled. I purchased a Russell braided line for it - the stock line didn't cut it for me and the braided looks soooo much better.
Can you post a picture with the braided line?

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
pws said:
I did the same thing. HD oil pressure gauge, threw away the plastic line and bought a Russell braided kit. I don't know the part number, but I did find it on Russell's website. You can order it thru Drag Specialties. It was something like 30 bucks. Much improved over the HD line.
The only thing I don't like about the gauge is when sitting in traffic, the gauge gets real hot and it is practically touching your inner thigh because your feet are on the ground. While riding it is ok.

YB

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Kari the Finn said:
If possible do you have the # for the Russell line? My stock line leaks a bit. Aprt from that it works OK on my RKC.

I purchased it from Dennis Kirk for $44.99.

Dennis Kirk Part #: H19692
Manufacturer Part #: R58407

1 - 7 of 7 Posts