V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
71 Posts
dankwiz,
I can tell you what worked for me. . .
'02 E-Glide Standard, slip-ons, stage 1 A/C, and carb rejet.
Had a similar problem at higher speeds with SE Air Cleaner, oil vapor coming from the vent tubes, through the air cleaner element, spraying on the right side of the bike. No spray below 65 mph, or extremely little - none below 60 at all.
After reading a lot of posts, asking some whom I've come to know that KNOW, I accepted that some of this is normal, and that I was in this group. Didn't want to simply route head vents to below bike, so ended up with Ness Big Sucker II. Its backing plate routes vents near carb intake so that any vapor is sucked into engine and burned - SE just vents to bottom of backing plate, so it drips thru filter element. The bit of vapor burned does not cause fouling or smoke. If I do see smoke, then I'll know something else is going on. Recently did a 4300 mile out west trip with a lot of expressway riding. No further problems with oil vapor.
Good rides,
Don

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.