V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 02 Ultra has Stage 2 Big Bore (w/cams). On the way to Myrtle Beach entire right side of bike was covered with Oil. Went to the dealer in Knoxville who diagnosed the problem as oil out of the air cleaner. They indicated this "Sometimes happens to the HD's when running hard - we were going 80 for quite a while). They "aligned" the oil pump and set me on my way. A few miles later, same problem. Hobbled home and took to locall dealer who advised leak was coming from missing O-Ring in pushroad (mechanics error during installation of Big Bore). Got the bike home (with new o-ring installed) , running hard again and right back to where I was. Oil everywhere, DEFINITELY, coming from the air cleaner.

The oil is a mess and trashes my wife's pants. The volume is not huge as a little oil, sprayed at 80 MPH, makes a big mess. My dealer is of little help. Says this is a problem with some of the big engines. This makes no sense to me. My set-up is no different than a Screaming Eagle Road King or Road Glide. If I had one of those, this would certianly not be acceptable and would be warrantable. I have a hard time beleiving that this is something that I must live with. Anybody elese have/had this and is there a fix ??

Thanks,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.