V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my fatboy dyno-ed on Sat. and a custom map done. Here's the problem. I had a 125 mile ride back home. When I got home I noticed oil on my oil tank and oil spray back on the right saddlebag. I couldn't see any leaks around the cyclinders etc. I don't know where it is coming from. I checked the oil level and it appeared to be overfilled a little so I drained some off to get it to the correct level. This morning I rode my bike to work (6 miles). After getting here I checked and it looks like a little is on the oil tank. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of crankcase ventilation carry-over out your air cleaner assembly. The dyno runs probably saturated your air filter element with oil and now its finding its way out all over the right side of your bike. Give the air cleaner housing a good cleaning and replace or clean the air filter.

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
mlewis said:
Sounds like a classic case of crankcase ventilation carry-over out your air cleaner assembly. The dyno runs probably saturated your air filter element with oil and now its finding its way out all over the right side of your bike. Give the air cleaner housing a good cleaning and replace or clean the air filter.
You are correct melwis....

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Throw one of them slim maxi pads on the bottom of your football when you are done cleaning it, check monthly :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts