V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

When I changed the pipes out on the bike, I noticed some oil or grease on top of the left rear pipe. I thought it might have happened at the factory. However, after installing a sissy bar last night, there was oil all over the top of the new pipe and a small puddle on the garage floor. Seems to be right below the shock but I don't see and visable drips. Any idea what this could be? I'll be scheduling an appointment to the dealer for next week. Do you think I should stop riding it until then?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Blown shock. Have them replace it asap and dont ride it there two up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Mill,

What do you think of the sissy bar on your RKC? Is it the qick release bar, or the bar with the luggage rack? I have the quick release and the bar is too far forward and too vertical. Just wanted to know. HW :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hippo. I pulled the rubber sleeve up on the bottom of the shock this weekend and that is where the oil is coming from. I've got an appointment to take it in Wednesday. I guess I'll let it sit until then. :(

Hogwild,

I didn't go with HD on the sissy bar. I couldn't find what I was looking for from them. What I have came from a local retailer. It is made by Khromewerks, distributed by Custom Chrome. It is non-detachable. It is the mini lowboy and I really like the looks. I'm waiting on the pad that is on back order. Once I get the Heritage handle bars on, I will try and post some pictures.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mill,
I would really like to know if you like the Heritage handlebars on your bike. Try to send some pictures of the bike with the sissy bar, I've got a local Custom Chrome dealer in town, maybe he can help me out with my sissy bar problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts