V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Street Pro S&S twin v 124. Baker 6 speed
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 S&S 124 less that 10K miles. Just started having slight drip from breather tube show up on my parking catch pan, dime size. Only the rear cylinder has the tube leading to lower frame. Does this mean I'm getting some blow-by on the rings? Seems pre-mature with the mileage. The plug doesn't look like it's oil fowled.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
.... Only the rear cylinder has the tube leading to lower frame....
How is the front head vented? Is it set up for vacuum breathing?

Have you rehabbed everything inside the rocker boxes? It is getting close to 20 years old.

Reactions: WiSeNhEiMeR -1369

·
Registered
2004 Street Pro S&S twin v 124. Baker 6 speed
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I check cyl 1 the tube stem is capped with a rubber boot. As for number 2 don’t know what rehab rocker boxes means.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There are some rubber umbrella valves to control the air/oil inside the rocker boxes, just like in Harley motors. They get old and lose their compliance.

I was looking in the owner's manual for the V124 and it says most of the 4 1/8" bore motors are set up for vacuum breathing. The rear head vents to the a/c through its own line via a one way pcv valve and the front head is plumbed directly to the intake manifold. It shows a regular HD type system with both heads plumbed together as an optional method for the rest.

510-0365-v-series-owners-manual-web.pdf (sscycle.com)

I've seen lots of those S&S motors, but I never paid much attention to that detail. I'll have to look closer the next time I see one.

Reactions: OldDog124

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
17,943 Posts
I'm just telling you what worked on my S&S motor. YMMV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts