3,694 Posts
hograzer said:
I have been loking for an oil cooler for my hardtail
I like the looks of the PRO-ONE CHROME OIL COOLER
has anyone used the PRO-ONE COOLER
how did you guys like it
It will be used on my 100 inch Revtech hardtail
thanks for your help

No I haven't tried that one but any is better than none.....

{salute( :spank: {salute(

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
I just put the HD Primium Oil Cooler on my bike, and it dropped the temps between 20-30 degrees.

Well worth the money to me.

Steve

·
Registered
207 Posts
I got a Jagg low mount oil cooler on my 2005 Deluxe, lowered the temps about 10-15 degrees according to my analog temp oil dipstick. Kept the look of the bike clean IMHO.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I pulled out my Pro One book to look it up. I do not think you are going to get a large amount of cooling from that cooler. being chrome is not a good idea for coolers, second it is rather small and is also enclosed in casing. There are other coolers that may work better for you. That are of the same style but not chrome ( chrome retains heat) and are a twin row cooler style. You could look at the Jag like of oil coolers as well. The engine you have is not a high compression engine and they are not a hot running engine either. We have installed several here in AZ this year and they have had no issues not running a oil cooler. But having a cooler is nothing that would take away from the eginge cooler oil temps are nice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i use the pro one cooler. the outside chrome is basically a sleeve over the cooler it is a 2 row cooler. I mounted it on the down tube and used the jagg temp controlled mount for attachment point. It works great for me lowered temps prob around 20 + degrees. I originaly had the twin down tube style but once i lowered the bike i wound up dinging my front fender after running into some uneven pavement(pisssed me off so i pulled it and went with the pro one ) It is mounted to the side of the downtube offering more clearance. Also being on the side gives it a more direct path of air.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all your input

looks like my choice will be between the Jagg and PRO-ONE
price will also help guide me
thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts