V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the bike this evening, so I took the opportunity to take a couple of photos of the screen I installed on my oil cooler to prevent damage to the cooling fins which could result in an oil leak. After 900 miles it looks and is working great.

The material is just metal srceen mesh, which can be found at Home Depot in the screen door isle.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
bedemonster said:
I was washing the bike this evening, so I took the opportunity to take a couple of photos of the screen I installed on my oil cooler to prevent damage to the cooling fins which could result in an oil leak. After 900 miles it looks and is working great.

The material is just metal srceen mesh, which can be found at Home Depot in the screen door isle.
That's an excellent idea. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've been thinking of doing something to protect the cooling fins like you did. Great idea.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Good Thinking:cheers: ...and what do you think of the OTC lift...I'm satisfied with mine...

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ernster500 said:
Is that the chrome oil cooler cover that you mounted the screen underneath?

Looks good!
Yes it is.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xkvator said:
Good Thinking:cheers: ...and what do you think of the OTC lift...I'm satisfied with mine...
I love my OTC lift. It is one of the best $115 purchases I've ever made:thumbsup:

·
Another Old Fart
241 Posts
ernster500 said:
Is that the chrome oil cooler cover that you mounted the screen underneath?

Looks good!
Is it the chome cover that is held on with silcone. that's what I have and if it would work.. Thanks.... Mike....

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chi-town said:
Is it the chome cover that is held on with silcone. that's what I have and if it would work.. Thanks.... Mike....
I put mine on prior to installing the chrome cover, but we were able to retro-fit my buddies that was siliconed on by cutting out a piece and just gently guiding it in. His is performing and holding up nicely as well.

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
Just what we all needed to protect these things, Great tip :whisper:

You just solved my whole worry on this pretty expensive investment.

Gonna look for black and see how I can get it attached without the chrome cover though. If not that way, then the chrome cover and still black.

Thanks again and nice ride. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts