V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

A few weeks ago I inquired as to causes and solutions to oil spewage from my FLHTCUI. It has a 103" engine with 260 cams and a stage one kit.

I got quite a few suggestions and some who shared what had fixed their similar issues. My last post on the topic was that I'd share the answer when or if I am successful in fixing it.

Well I won't make a claim like "this will fix it every time" but I can tell you the problem has been fixed. If you are curious, it's an S&S part# "31-2094" Reed valve assembly, S&S oil pump - 2003-up TC....$99.95

I'm so thankful the dealer who installed the hop up parts decided to keep his word and warranty his work. Refreshing.

·
Seasonably Uncool
428 Posts
Thanks for posting!

I haven't had the problem, but I saved the American Iron Magazine article where they recommended your setup. Good to hear it works.

C YA
Sponk

·
Iron Butt, SS2000
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To close the loop on this...

It's been a couple years since the carryover began. In the end the fix for me was illusive. The carryover oil now drains onto the ground instead of into the intake. (rerouted the hose) We tried many things and the problem did subside but never went away for ever.
It all may have been due to a twisted crank. Upon deciding to go to gear drive cams we learned the crank runout was out of spec.
The engine is now being rebuilt.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's been a couple years since the carryover began. In the end the fix for me was illusive. The carryover oil now drains onto the ground instead of into the intake. (rerouted the hose) We tried many things and the problem did subside but never went away for ever.
It all may have been due to a twisted crank. Upon deciding to go to gear drive cams we learned the crank runout was out of spec.
The engine is now being rebuilt.
I had a 2003 sportster with the same blow by problem, so I also ran a hose from the breather to the back of the bike. From that point on.... a clean bike.
Now I have an 08 road king and have not had that problem. Thanks God.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts