V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone point me to info how to change oil in my EG , would be nice to see pics.
tnx

·
Registered
23 Posts
go to Youtube.com and search for Harley Davidson Oil change. You will find several videos with complete instructions.
(I recommend Amsoil)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
You need a service manual from the dealer,best investment you'll spend money on..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You got two plugs that look the same in the oil pan, one is pointing down, that's the trans, one pointing forward, that your oil, remove it and drain the oil,clean any metal residue stuck to the magnet, put it back make sure is tight.The plug next to it that looks different don't touch it that is to connect a oil temp gauge, change the filter add oil make sure is syn and for motorcycles, you're done.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here. The two plugs you'll remove have big ass orange arrows pointing at them. The primary is.....on the bottom of the primary. Pretty easy to find.

BTW, this is not "my" photo. I stole it. If it was originally yours, thank you.

·
Banned
589 Posts
NEW Service Manual is $60. You can find them used on eBay, Amazon.

Best $$$ I've spent on the bike. It's about knowing and understanding what you're riding. I had to read up to remove the seat, remove the front fairing to replace an instrument bulb. Then I changed my own oil.

I decided I didn't need to remove the rear wheel (takes a proprietary tool) to install a tail-light accessory under the fender, but that removing the fender was pretty much about taking the rear chassis apart. Decided not to do my own re-wiring, and that included installing fog lights.

Adjusted the bar position on my bud's Street Glide. The shop wants $100 for that. You need to remove the ignition "key."

Service Manual has paid for itself.

·
Banned
589 Posts
NEW Service Manual is $60. You can find them used on eBay, Amazon.

Best $$$ I've spent on the bike. It's about knowing and understanding what you're riding. I had to read up to remove the seat, remove the front fairing to replace an instrument bulb.

Then I changed my own oil. If you look under the bike there are several "drain nuts" -- It's not intuitive which is for the crankcase, which for the transmission.

I decided I didn't need to remove the rear wheel (takes a proprietary tool) to install a tail-light accessory under the fender, but that removing the fender was pretty much about taking the rear chassis apart. Decided not to do my own re-wiring, and that included not installing and wiring for fog lights.

Adjusted the bar position on my bud's Street Glide. The shop wants $100 for that. You need to remove the ignition "key."

Service Manual has paid for itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts