V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Very good place. It's where a large portion of the Diesel crowd sends their samples (they can push out their oil changes depending on the analysis).

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've used them and asked for the "Dyson Analysis", which was another $20 I believe.

Terry Dyson is very smart and will disect your oil and tell you what is happening inside your engine.

He'll e-mail you and will keep doing so until you know what you want to know. Good guy.

Go to their site and they'll sent you a free kit. You just fill it with your oil and send it in. Then they'll send you more kits for free if you use them.

Good place.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I've used them and asked for the "Dyson Analysis", which was another $20 I believe.

Terry Dyson is very smart and will disect your oil and tell you what is happening inside your engine.

He'll e-mail you and will keep doing so until you know what you want to know. Good guy.

Go to their site and they'll sent you a free kit. You just fill it with your oil and send it in. Then they'll send you more kits for free if you use them.

Good place.
Blackstone's lab has come a long way over the last several years. Originally they didn't do that well with giving info on extending oils since they did not test for the total base number of the oil. Without this info it is hard to predict how much longer you should go on the oil change. They now test for that and do a nice job of explaining in layman terms what is happening with the subject oil.

Terry Dyson, who I believe in real life is an airline pilot, does an excellent job of translating the reports to help the individual or fleet make sense of the used oil readings. He has compiled a ton of data and can make good recommendations.

I personally have been using used oil reports to determine when to change the oil in my diesels and many of my customers over the road and off road rigs for many years now. Testing makes good economical sense for fleets and vehicles that have large oil capacities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts