V-Twin Forum banner

OH Us-250

898 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Scarbelly 
#1 · (Edited)
Went on another day trip to see the Fall colors on 10/29. I went down to Wheeling to pick up US-250 and follow it north. Great curves, great colors, great ride. Hope you enjoy the pictures (and tell the folks over in "General Talk" visit here.)

The Harrison County court house is in Cadiz. The war memorial is modern and includes a tribute to four Congressional Medal of Honorees from the county.

The ride along Tappan Lake is beautiful.

See less See more
#3 ·
FXD-Tim said:
I went down to Wheeling to pick up US-250 and follow it north. Great curves, great colors, great ride.

The ride along Tappan Lake is beautiful.
You're right Tim
I took that route one time years ago...in an 18 wheeler...a little too many curves for 70' of truck before you get to the Tappan Lake area.
on my list for next year, though

#4 · (Edited)
Beautiful pic, Tim. I live just a few miles from Cadiz and I'm real familiar with 250 and the surrounding area. Infact, I just rode up to Cadiz today to top the tank off, in case the white stuff flys this week and they salt the roads. The ride out by Tappan Lake is a calander view in the fall. But to be honest, 250 (in the Tappan area) is considered by most locals as a death-trap for a bike ride. Heavy truck traffic, campers, boaters, gawkers, speeders, dazers, you get the idea. Beautiful ride in the fall, but use EXTREME caution. We have alot of local roads that are scenic, so I'm a little spoiled, I generally avoid 250 if possible. The ride from Cadiz to Wheeling can be fun, couple of cool switch backs just out of Cadiz and the truck traffic lightens up.

They have a big doin's for the county's favorite son every year. I guess the second favorite is Gen Geo. Armstrong Custer, born over in New Rumley, not far from Cadiz and very scenic farm country as well (another nice ride).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.