V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What percent does the SE/K&N air filter flow over the stock OEM air cleaner? Just curious, already have the K&N part#HD-0800. Other air filters claim %10 all the way up to %30.

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Got This From J&P Cycles Forum Page

Information is 4 yrs. old, though.

http://www.jpcycles.com/RiderForums.aspx?Id=4987&src=uc\Forums\ForumReplies.ascx

I found the following comparisons of air cleaner housings ( in flowed CFM). The testing was done by K&N with oiled filter in place on a flow bench so no "ram -air" would have been in effect.
As far as bang for the buck I would say the Screamin' Eagle looks pretty good here.
H-D stock 165.5
CCI/ Halebob 197.5
Dragtron 243.3
Force Motor (BLK) 262.2
w/ Filtercharger cover 250.8
Force Motor ( WHT) 284.6
w/ Filtercharger cover 281.6
CCI/ Siren 330.1
H-D Screamin' Eagle 421.8
Zipper's Performance 455.6
Arlen Ness Big Sucker 483.1***
Rivera Smoothie 499.8
CCI/ Cyclesmiths 516.9

***Ness no longer uses a K&N so this number will be wrong. I always use a K&N on my bikes and cars.

Edit: Cryptoboy, Remember that this information is about 4 yrs. old. Ness may have gone back to using the K&N filter since then.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
When did Ness stop using K&N? And are those numbers (for the Ness) for the Stage II version of the Big Sucker? I would think the Stage 1 version to have similar numbers to the HD SE air cleaner, as they are the same size.

Good info though Unome. I have the SE, that is a pretty drastic change between it and the stock air cleaner! I wouldn't have guess a 2 1/2 times the air flow between the two!

·
Liberal Slayer
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SiLlY said:
Good info indeed! Thanx Unome.

You are right, good info!!! But is there anything more current with the new Ness, new SE paper filter, and other new air cleaner products (i.e. Forcewinder, D&M, Zippers.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts