V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed HD's rear running light module, and I have a wierd issue now...
Prior to the install, I had a 3157 LED bulb in the brakelight...after the install, I figured I would put in the standard bulb back in (incadescent), but the center brake wont work with a standard bulb (tried several)...the center running light feature works, as do the outer bulbs, but the center wont get brighter. With the led back in there, everything works perfect :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Any thoughts? its not a major problem, just baffling me...though I do want to have all three matching (as it is now, the led lites quicker)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I would check the ground, the LEDs don't take much power, but a bad ground may not work with that much power.

·
GimpGlider
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See? that was my first thought too, but two issues are throwing my theory off:
The newer bikes all plug into a central board behind the taillight, so, I am assuming, there is one central ground exiting the panel. assuming that is true, wouldnt the extra load affect all three bulbs? with the standard bulb in and doing it's funky malfunction, the outer converted bulbs work fine....
Nonetheless, I will be checking ground tomorrow...never know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts