V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know lots of guys dislike the OCC Gang, but I enjoyed watching their first show, giving a bike away to some guy who has never been able to pull it together to get a bike (A real stretch but whatever)

All that aside, can you imagine what was racing through his mind during this process and then actually geting that beautifal scoot to boot.

Just a TV show? Yeah but it was a cool sled he got.

Anybody wish it was them?????:D

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i see them all the time. i live a few minutes from their shop now. I was eating at a resturant a few weeks back and Jr and his G/f sat 2 tables down from me...I also see their "techs" doing test rides a lot......the fantasy bike wasn't all that bad in my opinion.....cool idea though...

·
Registered
944 Posts
TXCHOP said:
i see them all the time. i live a few minutes from their shop now. I was eating at a resturant a few weeks back and Jr and his G/f sat 2 tables down from me...I also see their "techs" doing test rides a lot......the fantasy bike wasn't all that bad in my opinion.....cool idea though...
Is she still the Britney Spear lookalike?? Pretty darn plastic looking to me.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
I've never had any respect for them or the other TV "master builders" but what they are doing now is a good thing even if it's only to grab themselves some camera time. I'd like to see some builds going to returning troops, hell, I'd even kick in some bucks for that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Txchop; Say living around the OCC shop, what are their bikes like.
I have seen their TV bikes and they are pretty cool and some panning around by the camera on the show has some interesting scoots shown. What are actually getting for their bikes to a regular customer.

And what happened to that young painter they used to use Jason anyway?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
csoday said:
I've never had any respect for them or the other TV "master builders" but what they are doing now is a good thing even if it's only to grab themselves some camera time. I'd like to see some builds going to returning troops, hell, I'd even kick in some bucks for that.
ditto. even cooler if it were billy lang, or roland sands.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I always thought it would be cool if anyone of these builders came out with a cool bike kit that the average joe blow real income could afford, was reliable and didnt look like a factory bike.
As for building a bike for a vet I am all for that and you could count some of my $$$ in on that anyday.
As for the show I am a fan to be honest but for some reason maybe I was tired but when they started arguing again I turned it off and went to bed.
-2$en#e-

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
csoday said:
I'd like to see some builds going to returning troops, hell, I'd even kick in some bucks for that.
I think Billy Lane did that a while back. As I recall it was a mod to his, the soldier's, bike not a complete build. He was pretty stoked when he came back and saw what his OL had set up. Billy did a good job on it too.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
cwo2lt said:
I think Billy Lane did that a while back. As I recall it was a mod to his, the soldier's, bike not a complete build. He was pretty stoked when he came back and saw what his OL had set up. Billy did a good job on it too.
yes he did do that in his blood, sweet and gears tour. he's going around to the bike shows with a trailer that has all the tools in it and works on a bike in front of the crowd.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i too used to be pretty up in the air about them. When they built the POW/MIA, they were inspiried by my dads m/c club and ended up inviting them up to the photo shoot. You guys saw 2 of the members on the t.v. show. They treated them really great and gave them a couple thank you gifts. They invited the whole club to the shop for a tour and gave us all free t shirts and hats....It was a cool time.....Mikey really is the same way in real life, but funnier.......

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Hey, if I could make that kind of reoccurring money, even long after the TV Hoopla dies I would! I wouldn't give a rats azz what everyone else thought. All the way to the bank!

I cant stand that Eddie Trotta dude! But do you think he cares what I think every time he gets into his Lotus and drives out of his 5 million dollar home garage? Love em or hate em, they do what they love, (build and ride bikes), and will never have to worry about sending the kids to college.

Its all a show!

·
This space for rent
221 Posts
AC is still on the air?

Haven't watched it in months... too many reruns to care about new shows.

Noticed BBO was back on the air, but didn't tune in... after that abortion of an "awards show", the whole "biker TV" fad has jumped the shark, IMO. I did, however, catch "Build or Bust" awhile back, which was a bit entertaining for its "burst the armchair builders bubble" concept (yes...it's not as easy as it looks on TV).

·
We're still here ya know
689 Posts
Hey, a little guy got his $hit together, got a break and made it big. Good for OCC. That's America. I think the fantasy thing is good.

If you don't like 'em, don't watch 'em, but don't blame them for their success. I still enjoy watching it, BBO and the other stuff, but I wonder how much longer this biker is going to hold the public's attention...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Personally I like the show, the building is what I like to watch, could be aimed a little more that way for me, but that is not entertaining to the generally public. My 9 yr old son loves this show and has since it started (he doesn't like the yelling either).

I think that other than the antics and Sr.'s yelling (which has been better this season) it is a decent show. Them boys is gettin rich of it, but so what that is the america dream isn't.

·
south of heaven
282 Posts
TXChop..whereabouts in Rockland/Orange County do you live?
I thought the show was good myself. Didn't put much thought into the bike but it still looked bad ass when completed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.