V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

To make a long story short, I stopped in to Ocala H-D as I tried to put some extra miles on an 05 Electraglide Peace Officer that according to Harley Davidson, "may" be having an oil problem relating to the valve seals. For those of us in the know, it does have an oil problem. There is a Service bulletin from the MoCo to dealers and most dealers seem to be playing the wait and see game with whether there is a potential problem and if they will honor and warranty it by measuring the oil level and then having the person ride the bike X amount of miles. Upon returning to dealer, if it has burned a certain level of oil, they "may" warranty it, again depending on the dealer. Without getting into all the technical issues with this, back to the Ocala H-D question. In just talking with the service dept, and on this topic, they said to bring the bike in and they will warranty and fix it no questions asked without having to go through the wait and see game I am doing currently with Daytona Beach H-D. I did not buy the bike here. Anyone have any feedback on Ocala H-D? Service dept feedback? Any good technicians? I am not used to this up front willingness from a dealer to actually do something for the customer. Any info positive or negative would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I live near Ocala H-D They also told me the same thing about bringing it in. I have a 2005 superglide. I took it back to Gainesville H-D where I bought it. the tech took a look at my old plugs saw the oil spots and said bring it in after he verified that they had the newest "fix" oil seals in stock. they fixed it in one day did a nice sanitary job.
I don't understand Harleys stance on the oil seal problem , it shows on the spark plugs and really can't be denied without either total ignorance or bull---.
Back to your guestion I can't comment on thier service work but haven't heard any bad about thier service work. have heard bad about thier sales practices with trades and such. and a friend bought from them the new bike set up was basically NOT done loose handlebars etc. Not good as he is a returning rider after 20 yrs or so off motorcycles.
I would deal with them and would have if they had been able to get the model I wanted at price etc.. service itself seems upfront without any actual experince. i do go in thier shop on occasion.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Broke the cheapo Heim joints on my shifter for the second time on the way down to the Keys last month. Ocala was open on a Sunday with the shop open also. Anyhoooo, they replaced the Heim joint, the splined shaft, and the shifter lever. Had it on the lift for at least 1-1/2hrs. Total bill= $112.00us Seemed to be nice people, and I wuz happy too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have lived in Ocala for 8 years and have only positive feedback on the team at Ocala H.D.

Trying to save a couple bucks on labor rates I recently tried to have an oil leak fixed at an "Indy" shop only to have to take it to Ocala HD and have if correctly fixed.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
I've never had any service work performed by them, but I have been in there Shop on several trips to Florida - just to buy parts. Real nice folks, and always go out of their way to please.....:clap:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts